* Donation of Batting Cages and Pitching Machines *
(click to view info)
* Bottoms Named AFCRA Executive Director (click to view info)
The City of Atlanta and Fulton County Recreation Authority (“The Authority”) ensures residents and visitors have the very best in sports and recreation facilities. Whether it is basketball games or concerts at Philips Arena, baseball games or the circus at Turner Field, exotic animals at Zoo Atlanta, golf at John A. White Park, or youth and family activities at the city and county parks, our venues have it all.
We invite you to scroll through the pages of this website to learn more about our venues and the work this Authority undertakes to maintain those facilities.
- Hosted two special events, UniverSoul Circus and the Atlanta Fair, held in the Turner Field parking lots, that were a huge success and very popular with the community .
- Provided funding for the Splash Pad at Zoo Atlanta, 12 batting cages and pitching machines for the City of Atlanta and six batting cages and pitching machines for Fulton County. The baseball equipment will be used at City and County parks.
- Philips Arena hosted 34 concerts, the NCAA men’s basketball tournament, the WWE Smackdown, WWE Live, and was home to the NBA’s Atlanta Hawks and the WNBA’s Atlanta Dream during the regular season and playoffs.
- At Turner Field fans enjoyed new food courts and family-centered activities during the season, and many returned during the off season for the Braves-sponsored “Winter Wonderland” which transformed Turner Field’s parking lot into a snowy amusement park.
Executive and Finance Committee - Meetings convene at
October 26, 2015
Audit & Finance Committee - Meetings times 8:30a.m.
October 13, 2015
Grounds Facilities and Security Committee 8:30a.m.
October 20, 2015
Community Recreation Special Projects Committee
S.M.P. Community Fund Inc., Board of Directors